Friday, December 30, 2011

Looking Back, Looking Forward

from the Publisher's desk   

I can't say it's been the best of years, nor has it been the worst of years. I'll settle for, it's been a year.
Looking back on 2011, Buddhapuss Ink started the year with the discovery of a wonderful new author, Mariam Kobras. We think she will have a long and successful publishing future with us.
Midyear saw the success of our first YA anthology writing competition, Mystery Times Ten 2011 which hit the Amazon Bestseller lists in paperback and in kindle!
The Last Track, by Sam Hilliard - the first book we published - continued to get great reviews and lots of notice. Sam is hard at work on the next Mike Brody mystery now.
2011 saw changes in how we operate as a company, and in our vision for the future.
One thing that didn't change though, was our commitment to finding new authors, and helping them grow their writing careers.

With that in mind, we carefully planned our 2012 list.
First up, Mariam Kobras: Her debut book, The Distant Shore will release on January 17th, 2012. A great way to start the New Year. This is the first book in her Stone Trilogy.
May 2012 will see the publication of Mystery Times Ten 2012. We look forward to what we hope will be a long line of YA anthologies coming from this annual writing competition.
September 2012, well, you'll have to wait a bit to see, but we have something coming out that I think a lot of people will be eager to read.
October 2012 will see the first of our adult Fiction writing competition anthologies - Flash Fiction Favorites. Watch here for more details in the coming weeks.

Two years ago, when Buddhapuss Ink was just an idea some friends were kicking around over coffee, I had no idea just how much work would be involved in the day-to-day care and feeding of this fledgling company. I also didn't know how much I would love being at the helm. Now that our list is finally starting to take shape and grow, I'm excited to see what the next year has in store for us, and more importantly, for you - our readers.

Happy New Year!
MaryChris  


2 comments:

Mariam Kobras said...

Happy New Year, my dear publisher. Being signed by Buddhapuss was the great good fortune of my life. As an author I can say, this is where I feel at home with my writing.
But in addition to that I've found friendship, and that is an even greater gift. Looking forward to many happy years! Cheers!

The Book Team said...

Thanks Mariam! Happy New Year to you.