Our Spring/Summer 2011 Young Adult Showcase titled Mystery Times Ten seeks new mystery short stories that are targeted for the YA audience.
- Theme: Mystery – Your choice be it murder, cozy, paranormal, soft-boiled, hard-boiled, police procedural, suspense, thriller, or amateur detective.
- No gratuitous sex or violence. Please remember your audience is 13 and up.
- The competition is open to all writers in English except current or former employees of Buddhapuss Ink LLC.
- Submissions will be accepted from October 1, 2010 to December 31, 2010.
- No previously published work(s) or simultaneous submissions please.
- Entries should be between 3000-7000 words in length.
- Send your submissions via email with the subject line “Submission for MYSTERY TIMES TEN" from
with your story as an attached file in .doc (Word) format PLEASE INCLUDE in the body of the email:
- Your name and contact information
- A brief author bio (2-5 sentences)
- Entry should be single-spaced in at least a 12 pt. readable font. We suggest Times New Roman, Courier, or Arial.
- Send emails to: Submissions@Buddhapussink.com
Notifications will be sent to finalists via email in March 2011.
There is no limit on the number of entries you may submit. There is no fee to enter.
The Ten (10) Winning entries will be published in the Spring 2011 Young Adult Showcase titled Mystery Times Ten to be published by Buddhapuss Ink LLC.
First Place winner will receive a $100 Gift Card Featured placement in the book, and a Buddhapuss Ink tote filled with swag.
Second Place winner will receive a $75 Gift Card, Featured placement in the book, and a Buddhapuss Ink tote filled with swag.
Third Place winner will receive a $50 Gift Card, Featured placement in the book, and a Buddhapuss Ink tote filled with swag.
ALL TEN (10) WINNERS will receive: two (2) copies of the finished book and the opportunity to “fast track” their next Young Adult or Middle Grade manuscript with our Editorial staff. “Fast track” does not mean you will receive a publishing contract, but we will guarantee that your manuscript is given a priority reading and response.
Some winning entries will also be featured on our website, blog, and/or Facebook page.
For more information and to learn about our judges please check out our website.