Friday, March 12, 2010

From the Publisher's Desk - Another Friday

As I sit here in the early dawn light, sipping my first cup of coffee I can't help but wonder, where has the week gone? Lost in a dizzying swirl of details, fires to put out, fires to start, people to talk to, to many things on the To Do List to do!

The last 3 weeks have been satisfying (our first book launched!), frustrating (people love it, but getting them to post reviews is sometimes like pulling teeth!), overwhelming (so much still to be done for this book - and for the ones that follow it), gratifying (nice to see what has only been an idea finally come to fruition), and terrifying (well, NOW you've gone and done it MCB! You went and published a book again!)

Everyone here is happy to have that first book out in the world, and now they are splitting their focus between seeing that it does well, while still working on getting the next project out there too.

Sometimes I feel like a mama bird, pushing her little babies out of the nest at the top of the tree. I know they are as prepared and ready as they can be, but it is still hard to give them that last little shove. You can't help but have nightmares about them plunging to a crashing death, or worse, right into the waiting jaws of a big grinning cat sitting there at the bottom just waiting. (No, that's not Buddhapuss, he doesn't eat little birdies!)

The light in my office grows stronger, the sun is truly rising after merely flirting with the waning moon for a while. I wander off to the kitchen for a second cup of coffee and realize, for better or worse, a new day has begun . . . I think I'll take it, see what kind of dizzying ride the world has in store for us today.

Oh yes, and Spring is just around the corner.

Enjoy!

No comments: